Announcement + Pregnancy Update


The day I never imagined could become a reality has arrived. Or should I say did arrive? On Saturday we celebrated two of my nieces birthdays. I told J I wanted to take advantage of this family and friend gathering to announce our bundle of joy. He wasn't fond of the idea and tried convincing me to wait. I explained to him that we had such a great appointment that it wasn't fair to our little one that we were hiding him/her from the people who loved him/her already. He hesitantly agreed to it because I told him we needed to put our faith in God and he will look over my pregnancy/baby. After I got the ok from J I started working on our announcement and came up with this. J also had some input in it which made me extremely happy that he was involved.

I told my mom that I wanted to tell everyone at the party and she asked how I was going to do it. I showed her our announcement and she loved it! As you all know plans don't always go as you plan. I was feeling a bit discouraged and decided to just wait another week. We were all gathered around in a circle talking about my cousin who is pregnant and is also due in August. My mom told my aunt, "Remember with us it was always by twos." My aunt, "Yes you are right. I wonder who the second one is." My face turned super red that I started to avoid eye contact since my aunt was standing right next to me. She immediately realized what I was doing and looked directly at me and asked the winning question.

"Is it you? Are you pregnant?" Tears starting to form in her eyes. Me: "YES!"

She hugged me tightly and began crying. Everyone around us was a bit confused as to what was going on. My cousin pulled us apart asking what was happening. I looked at him and said it again louder, "I'm pregnant!" His jaw dropped, speechless for a second, then grabbed my face cheeks. "I didn't know if you were just getting chubby cheeks or if there was a reason behind it. I'm so glad its because you are pregnant." Then he pinched my cheeks again. Everyone around us began to hug us and congratulate us. Everyone said the same thing about my chubby face cheeks. Apparently my face was the first to expand. My older brother admitted he knew and was delighted for us. All my aunts cried when they heard the news and immediately said they were recently thinking about me. My pregnant cousin was also extremely overjoyed and said I deserve it with all I've been through. There's no one better to enjoy this journey with and she's praying this little one sticks.

Seeing everyones reaction was comforting to know our little one is already loved by everyone. The people I least expected to see excitement from hugged me and were genuinely happy for us. Everyone in our family is aware of our struggle and what we've been through. Not everyone knows of our miscarriages though. J seemed a bit relief that everyone knows now although we still worry. We chose not to announce to J's family not because they wouldn't be supportive or excited. J wants to personally see his mother's reaction when she finds out I'm pregnant. Our plan is to go visit and surprise his family. Its difficult to keep it a secret only because they are also impatiently waiting for us to announce that our treatments worked. But its easier to keep it hidden since they are thousands of miles away.

So here goes my first bump update!


How far along? 11 weeks 2 days

Baby Size: As big as a lime. (1.6 in.)

Total weight gain: No weight gain so far!

Maternity clothes: Nope

Stretch marks: My right hip has an old stretch mark

Sleep: So far great but it has a lot to do with me not currently working

Food cravings: Nothing in particular but anything will do if I’m hungry.

Best moment this week: Announcing our pregnancy

Miss anything? Not yet

Anything making you queasy or sick? No

Gender: Im leaning towards boy but a little girl would be such a blessing too

Symptoms: Congestion, pregnancy rhinitis, peeing a lot, sore nipples, acne

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or moody most of the time: happy

Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound appointment on Feb 3rd!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments:

  1. LOVE your announcement pic! So cool you got to tell your family in person and see all their reactions. This baby is already so loved and prayed for! And you look amazing coasting right through the first trimester. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE everything about this post! Love your faith in sharing and taking your first pic! You look great momma! So good hearing from you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay, what fun!!! So glad you got to celebrate with your family! You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember announcing my pregnancy made it feel even more real to me. I'm so happy for you and your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such wonderful news!!! I am so glad you made the announcement and it went so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe! This post gives me goosies!! Just such a joy to read!! I'm so happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love this!!' You look gorgeous, mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet story! What a wonderful moment for you and your entire family! You look amazing girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a beauty! So happy you got your turn to share such wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, JoJo! Beautiful. I love seeing your bump update and announcement. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I'm a terrible blogger friend and haven't been checking blogs like I should! You're PREGNANT!!! I am so excited for you!! Oh my goodness!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH! Can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chubby cheeks... ha, you should have smacked them. You look beautiful! I'm glad everything went well with your family and they are all supportive of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This brought tears to my eyes. I love the announcement!! This is awesome and perfect! I'm so incredibly happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete